Finocchio & Ustra’s Intellectual Property area provides legal assistance to protect trademarks, patents, industrial designs, scientific, literary, artistic works, computer programs, and cultivars in Brazil and abroad. The team advises clients both on the administrative and judicial spheres, as well as provides support elaborating contracts related to intellectual property rights, such as licensing, assignment, distribution, franchising, naming rights, confidentiality agreements, technical cooperation and partnerships, and transfer of know-how and technology.
Our team also strategically manages the intellectual property of clients helping protect intangible assets, as well as actively works in cases of trademark conflicts, unfair competition, and improper use of intellectual property rights by third parties.
Among the main areas of activity, the following stand out:
- Applying for the registrations of trademarks, industrial designs, patents, and cultivars, national and international;
- Priority search, elaboration of descriptive reports, drawings, and other formalities for filing Patents in Brazil and abroad;
- Freedom to Operate – FTO (freedom to operate report);
- Contracts drafting involving intellectual property, such as licensing, assignment agreements, technical cooperation and partnership, transfer of know-how and technology, confidentiality agreements, among others;
- Intellectual property portfolio management;
- Preparation of judicial and extrajudicial notifications related to possible infringements of intellectual property rights;
- Due Diligence and auditing to identify risks related to the use of intellectual property rights;
- Advising on Technological Innovation (innovation funnel); participation in patents and innovation committees, lectures and the like, feasibility studies of projects developed by R&D and marketing development.
- Legal opinions and opinions on intellectual property rights.